We just finished watching the first session of the 179th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Currently, I am listening to the World Report as I type this post. How grateful I am for the internet and this new computer Jon's parents gave us last year that allow us to watch Conference in our home.I love General Conference. I love listening to the talks and the music and pondering their messages. I love taking a few moments to honestly evaluate my life and gaining inspiration from the Spirit on how I can improve my life. Even with kids crying, running all over the place, and attempting to cut up the comforter on the guest bed, I feel the Spirit in my attempt to listen. A greater spirit of love and faith and hope comes into my home. I'm excited for the remaining sessions this afternoon and tomorrow. In the weeks to come, in more quiet moments when my kids are asleep, I will re-listen to a talk or two (or an entire session if I am lucky) at a time through the General Conference archives on LDS.org. The Spirit I felt today will be magnified through the repetition, and messages I missed the first time around will be heard.
You too can participate in the Spirit of General Conference. Even if you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I invite you to watch a session, live if you can, or pick a session from the archives at a time of your convenience. Sessions from this conference will be available within the next couple days.
The remaining sessions are:
- Saturday afternoon (2 PM MDT)
- Priesthood session (6 PM MDT, not shown live on TV or the internet, but may see it at any LDS chapel, and will be available in the archives)
- Sunday morning (10 AM MDT)
- Sunday afternoon (2 PM MDT)
Have a wonderful conference weekend. God be with you.


No comments:
Post a Comment