Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Love It: Grocery Finds

Here are a few shout outs to some of my long time and more recent favorite grocery store finds:
  1. Marzetti Light Classic Ranch. It is seriously the best tasting ranch dressing I have ever bought at a grocery store. You can find it in the produce section. With the first ingredient being buttermilk, you know it has to be good. (note: the light version really is better than the original, which tastes too oily for my liking.)
  2. Archer Farms Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Biscotti Granola. Did you catch that? Chocolate. (Real chocolate.) Hazelnut. Biscotti. Granola. oooh, yum. I'm drooling just thinking about it. It really is as good as it sounds. Available at Target.
  3. Amana Ground Round, 90% lean. We buy this at the local chain grocery store, and it is the only ground beef I will buy, completely worth the extra cost over more economical ground beef choices. We use it for everything: tacos, hamburgers, meatballs . . . It is good stuff.
  4. Bluebell Ice Cream. My current favorite flavor is Groom's Cake. Chocolate covered strawberry pieces, chocolate brownie cake pieces, strawberry ribbon, and chocolate frosting swirled around in a thick, oh-so-creamy chocolate ice cream. Yum.
  5. Smuckers Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves. It has 1/2 the calories and sugar of regular preserves with no artificial sweeteners. It tastes like my mom's freezer jam. At $4 for a 15.5 oz jar (which goes way faster than a similar size jar of regular preserves at our house), it is more economical to make your own freezer jam, but when you can't (or if you just don't want to), this makes a great substitute. Plus, it is nice knowing I am giving my son less sugar when I make his almost daily PB&J.

No comments: