Craft Numero Uno: The Diaper-Shaped Invites.
I made around 80 of these babies, watching many episodes of Stargate SG-1 on Hulu.com in the process. My design is very loosely based on this tutorial. Since Sarah already has a plethora of baby boy clothes, we went with an "In and Out" gift theme, which I so cleverly reflected on the invites.
I even made a few colored invites with watercolor accents. After accenting about 18 this way, I decided it was taking way to long and if I was ever to finish in time to pass these invites out, I needed to nix the step. I liked them both ways, so all turned out well.
Craft Numero Dos: The Diaper Cake (a.k.a. "Cake! Mmm! Want! Yummy!" in 2-year-old-ese)
This was my first ever diaper cake. I used this tutorial as a guide, with several variations to conform my tastes and available supplies. The most significant structural change I made was instead of using a mailing tube, I rolled my own tubes from an old diaper box I had laying around. Also, since Walmart was out of clear hairbands, I secured my rolled diapers by tying them with white curling ribbon. The process was a little more involved, but the effect was the same.
The cake was a hit at the shower!


2 comments:
Super cute invites! I love them so much!
Also, you can never go wrong with a diaper cake!
And we're Stargate fans, too! :)
These invitations are adorable and the diaper cake came out fantastic! Great job, Becca!
Post a Comment