Thursday, March 4, 2010

Great Day

I got rice cooking in the microwave
Got a three day beard I don't plan to shave
And it's a goofy thing but I just gotta say
Hey I'm doing alright

Yeah I think I'll make me some homemade soup
Feelin pretty good and that's the truth
It's neither drink nor drug induced
No I'm just doin alright

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

-Travis Tritt

(ok, so I don't really have rice cooking in the microwave, nor a three day beard, but today has been pretty darn good. I might even just make some soup.)

"Assessing Spring" and "I Love This Guy" new on the family blog. jonandrebeccacox.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Laura said...

How funny. I have had the same song in my head the past few days. :) It's a great day to be alive!