A few of my fashion-forward friends post their daily fashion ensembles on their blogs each week (or thereabouts, you can find their blogs here, here, and here), which I always enjoy seeing, mostly because when it comes to fashion, I'm a novice. A novice on a tight budget. (Though even if I could afford it, I cannot ever see me paying $100 for a shirt. One shirt? Seriously? Ouch. It hurts just thinking about it.)
Though I am not one anyone has ever turned to for fashion advice, I decided to give the daily outfit posting a try, so last week I set my camera on timer and shot a picture of me each day. If anything, I figured it would be motivation for me to not spend the entire day in my pajamas. Here are the outfits I came up with.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday:
It started off as a chilly, rainy week, but I was okay with that because it gave me an excuse to wear the super cute off-white pleather jacket (with ruffle!) that I got for 70% off at Kohls (one of their limited quantity specials). On Monday, I wore it over my black Harley Davidson t-shirt my dad bought me last year. My new animal print flats complimented the ensemble quite nicely, as they do just about everything. (You'll notice I wore them four out of the 6 days highlighted in this post.)
Tuesday was stay-at-home babysitting day, and it was cold, so I went for warm and comfy. Not at all dressed to impress. Not even wearing shoes. The navy t-shirt is new, but there is nothing special about it. Of all the outfits, this one is probably the most typical of me. Or maybe the most typical of the "old" me, before I needed to replace my wardrobe.
Wednesday, I tried out a new belt I got for less than a buck on clearance at JCP. You can't see from the picture, but it has a chain with small medallions dangling from it that is attached to the front sides and drapes around the back. J. calls the medallions his "moneys."
I love the white shirt (a limited quantities special at Kohls) that I wore on Thursday. It has a lot of nice details that don't really show up in the picture--lace and ruffles and a band under the bust with a tie in the back. I was looking for a nice, cool summer shirt and this was it.
Friday was my anniversary (yay for 6 years!), so of course I had to wear the shirt my husband called "awesome" when he first saw it. That picture above is horrible. Here's a better one. (Man, I want contacts.) My new coat came in handy during our after dinner downtown walk.
Saturday the sun decided to shine, and before heading outside I got to get out the new sun hat I got for Charlotte Russe a couple months ago. With it, I am wearing a new black cropped cardigan from Kohls (love it--it was a 70% off limited quantities purchase) over a nice black cami, also from Kohls (a $4.99 bonus buy).
And that is it for my "daily fashion" post. I may not be a fashionista, but if "Tuesday" is the control, I think I am making some progress.




1 comment:
this is so great! i love that these outfits look so well thought out. GREAT!!!
Post a Comment