Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shopping and Swapping into Style

Last week, the Relief Society from my ward at church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) had their first annual Shop and Swap. Now what is a Shop and Swap, you ask? Think community garage sale, but better--because everything is FREE. Whatever isn't taken is donated to charity. I brought three extra large reusable shopping bags worth of too-big clothes, and came back with a few good finds.

Want to see? Here is a selection of what I brought back without spending a dime:


Some toys and books for the kids, a shirt, a sweater, some pumps, and a handbag for me.


How about some close-ups?

Shoes:

Handbag:
(Isn't it cute? I love it! I can't believe someone wanted to get rid of this baby.)

And don't forget those Toy Story Legos. Such cuteness deserves a close-up.



After the Shop and Swap, I headed over to Kohls to spend the Kohls cash I had before it expired at midnight that night. Here is a sneak-peek close-up of what I got:



And here is how I put it all together on Saturday:
--the first time I've worn high heels with jeans (not counting boots). I like it.

(oh, and there are new posts on the family blog.)

No comments: