Friday, June 26, 2009

Birthday Party "Thank You" Cards

Out of these:

I made these:
--The perfect custom-made thank you cards for my son's Cars-themed birthday party. And since I already had the supplies, they didn't cost me a cent.

Here's how to do it.

You'll need:
  • leftover napkins from child's birthday party
  • Mod Podge glue
  • a sponge brush (very cheap, found at craft stores) to brush on glue
  • scissors
  • cardstock
  • stamps and ink or a marker (I used a marker)
Fold cardstock and cut in half to make two cards. Cut design out of napkin. Brush Mod Podge on the back of the napkin cutout, covering completely with a thin layer. Place on cardstock where desired and allow to dry. (You may need to put it under a flat weight to prevent it from curling.) Add your "thank you" and voila! Easy, inexpensive, party decor coordinating "thank you" card made and ready for personalized interior message.

No comments: