One of my favorite pastimes when the boys are in bed is uploading my pictures of the day onto my computer and viewing and editing them on Picasa. It is like Christmas to me--each photo, though I've seen a small version on the camera's LCD screen, is a surprise gift to me. Some pictures come out better than I thought, most of them worse, and some catch me completely by surprise, like this one:

I'm not sure what it is about this picture (his expression? his hand open in a wave on top of his head? the goatee of
glumpy pureed peas on his face?), but as soon as it loaded on the screen, I cracked up laughing. I'm still laughing. I'm laughing that I'm laughing. And though I had no intention of posting on the blog tonight, here I am typing away, bursting out into fresh giggles every time I peek at that picture above these words. It must be his eyes. Yes, it is his eyes. A large part to do with the eyes; I haven't seen him look at me quite that way before. Especially not with a mushed pea goatee. (It was his first time eating peas,
btw.
Surprisingly, based on how unexcited he's been about the rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and bananas I've given him, he liked them right away.)
OK, it is definitely bedtime. Except I haven't finished looking at the day's pictures yet . . . or stopped laughing at this one. :)
Smiles to you all,
Becca
No comments:
Post a Comment