Thursday, July 2, 2009

Marriage Enhancement: Lasting Love

My friend Rochelle recently wrote an article on her blog about what it takes to have lasting love in marriage. I love it. I urge you all to read it.

Here is a teaser:

I have been thinking about the subject of 'love'. What makes a good relationship? How do relationships last? What are the ingredients?

I think the secret to a successful love is knowing, understanding, and accepting that love will change. Love is living and will constantly be changing. The beginning is romantic, yet over the years the butterflies subside, and is replaced with firm and endearing respect, loyalty, and trust.

Knowing and understanding that the intense whirlwind romance may tapper is important. Equally important is the replacement of romance with respect, loyalty, and trust. Yet most important is that center- that romance, which must always exists, even if is but a flicker.

[Continue reading by clicking here]

No comments: