Friday, October 16, 2009

I got it!


After weeks of reading through many professional camera reviews, testing out several cameras at Best Buy, searching the web for the best deal--and then scanning through hundreds of seller reviews to figure is out if the "best deal" really was all it said it was, my new camera is here. The Canon Rebel XSi with EF-S 18-55mm IS lens came into my hands today when USPS dropped it off at my door, arriving from Amazon. I am so excited! I have the battery charging, have started reading my manual, and am getting ready to attach the multi-coated glass LCD screen protector I bought. I have some other accessories in transit (like the much needed SDHC card; though I can use my 1 GB card from my point-and-shoot for the time being).

Too bad Jon wasn't around to see my reaction when the camera arrived, this being primarily a birthday gift from him (our parents also contributed a little). There was much rejoicing, with shrieks and laughs of glee and exclamations of "It's here! It's here! It's here!" in our household. Even little J. got in on the excitement. "Mommy's bock!" (box)

Part of what makes receiving this gift so rewarding is that I know we have saved for it and when the credit card bill comes, there won't be any stress over finding the funds to pay it right away (we never carry a balance). And of course, I am very grateful to our parents' contributions toward the camera, which made it possible to get a few much needed accessories.

I am so excited to learn to use my camera and start taking pictures!

1 comment:

karla said...

It's a wonderful camera, isn't it? And it's rewarding to work hard and save up to get it!