Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mod Podge, My New Friend

My boys made bank in the toy department this Birthday/Christmas season. (We go birthday-Christmas-birthday all within 12 days of each other in this household.) While the boys love having their toys scattered about the house, Momma needs a place for the toys to go when the clutter gets stressful. Thus, with no money left over for new toy shelves after such a burst of holidays, I got my creativity on and made this:
{*Two diaper boxes (Luvs size 3 , 104 count, if anyone is interested) glued and taped together, then covered with wrapping paper and mod podge. (First use the mod podge to glue the paper to the boxes, then to seal the outside of the paper. Allow to dry overnight.)}

Here it is with toys on it:

Which coordinates perfectly with the block box I made for Adam to store his ABC blocks Grandma and I got him for Christmas. (We found the blocks for 50-cents a 16-pack at a craft store clearance sale in September. We got 5 packs.) I recycled a box that came in the mail to make this one.

A few more of these babies (maybe some three tiered shelves?) and I may just be able to organize the toy room. The organization will only last until the kids are let in to play, but hey, at least I'll have the comfort of knowing that everything there can be put away. I just need to get some more mod podge.

1 comment:

heidi said...

this is such a great idea! and it looks adorable too! i may have to attempt this!