Yesterday, my neighbor told me about the great winter clearance sale JCPenney is currently having. She said she got some fleece pant and jacket sets for $5. My boys being in need of new clothes, and I still being able to buy them clothes a year in advance, of course meant I had to check it out.
Thus, after our nightly scripture reading (but before actually putting the boys to bed, much to Husband's complaint), I skipped out the door.
Just look what I came home with (Husband about died when he saw the bag):

- 6 pant and sweater/jacket sets
- 5 long sleeve rompers
- 2 character sweatshirts (Buzz for A. and McQueen for J.)
- 2 Rugby long sleeve polos
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 1 pair fleece Buzz Lightyear footie pajamas
(Way more than I would ever spend on the clothes, regardless of how much I like them.)
My Price?
Just $61.51 +tax (enter heavenly chorus)
--an overall saving of about 83%. Fan-tas-tic.
The deals were even greater than my neighbor reported. Those cute fleece sets my boys are wearing (originally priced $24.99) were only $2.98. Talk about a steal. And there were plenty more on the racks when I left the store at closing if anyone else wants to get in on the deal.
I am severely tempted to go back and shop the sale for myself. But, alas, the heat pump bill is coming due soon, so I should resist. Perhaps after our taxes are filed and the bill is paid, there will be enough money left over for my wardrobe, including some much needed new shoes. Those stunningly fashionable ones in the post below are starting to come apart.


No comments:
Post a Comment