We chopped down our own Christmas tree this year--and I mean our own. From our backyard. With our own saw. (I guess I should say we sawed down our own Christmas tree--or, more truthfully, Jon sawed down our Christmas tree while I took pictures.)
Upon getting it inside, I was surprised at how much bigger it looked in our small (though high ceilinged) living room than out back . . . I had to take the below picture (which does little to show off the tree's massiveness, btw) from above, looking over the kitchen balcony (with the help of the new tripod Hubby gave me for Christmas--such a thoughtful husband I have!). There really was no way to avoid the ceiling fan; the tree extends above it.
This was taken just this evening; you can see my boys are still enjoying their Christmas presents, which have yet to find their way down to the playroom. The garland looked slightly better when I first put it on, but my boys like it better this way. And if you look really close, you'll notice a number of birthday balloons in the lower tiers of the tree, the aesthetic genius of my three-year-old. Seriously, I love the balloons. I wish we had more left over from his party to place all over the tree. Here, you can see them better in this picture:
It's been fun having such a big tree, but I must admit that I am looking forward to having our living room back. J's going to be devastated when we take it down, though. The night we put the lights on it, he wanted to stay up all night lying on the couch watching his tree. What's he going to think next year when we have just an average little tree?


No comments:
Post a Comment