After reflecting how destructive J. is with his toys, Jon and I decided to tell Santa to hold off for a year or so in giving J. the super cool Toy Story Collection Buzz Lightyear action figure, the closest movie replica doll Disney and Thinkaway Toys has ever made. As Jon said to me, "If we were getting you a Buzz Lightyear, that would be the one we would get, but for J-- we really should get something more durable."
I admit that I'm a little bummed that we aren't getting the collection Buzz Lightyear (it really is a cool toy--packaged in the same space ship packaging Andy received his in in the movie! *sigh* James would destroy it though, and that would be sad), but Jon is right. J. won't care what Buzz he gets as long as it is Buzz. When he is older he'll be better able to appreciate the special features of the collection Buzz, and maybe by then they will have added the karate chop action.
So, knowing that Grandma and Papa Simpson already got J. the Toy Story Rocket Escape buddy pack, with Buzz (a smaller Buzz, but a Buzz nonetheless), Woody, and rocket, I stayed up late last night searching for something cool for Santa to give my little guy. I look at many different stores, browsing many different toys and Toy Story items (the boy sat on Santa's lap and talked about Buzz; I can't disappoint him!) and decided on this:
A Toy Story table and chair set from Walmart ($20+97-cent shipping). I have been wanting a little table and chair set for the playroom for some time now, and whenever we are at a store with toddler tables set out, J. has to stop and sit at them. So here's crossing my fingers that Christmas morning he'll be excited as can be to see this little set waiting for him by the fireplace.

1 comment:
he will love it!
Post a Comment