Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Announcement

Oh yes, Announcing Becca has an announcement. And it is a big one. No, not that one. There is no "bun in the oven" at this house right now. Haha.

Remember way back last Summer (in July--July 16th at 4:34 PM, to be precise) I wrote in a tag 6 things that I look forward to? Of course you don't. I didn't even remember when I had written that post, nor what all the 6 things were. So here's a copy & paste for you from that "Once Upon a Tag" post:

6 Things I Look Forward To:

1. Nap time

2. Hubby coming home from work

3. J. getting past the "terrible twos"

4. Dropping another pant size

5. Starting my own photography business

6. Eternity with hubby


Do you have a guess where this is going?

Numbers 1 & 2 are reoccurring (though 1 doesn't always happen), so I am continually delighted in their being brought to pass. Number 4 you already know has been brought to pass twice over, and are you are probably sick to death of hearing about it so moving on... Number 6 is still in process, obviously. So that leaves us with numbers 3 and 5. J. is passed the "terrible twos," but he moved straight onto the "terrible threes" so no big announcement there. Which leaves us with 5.

That's right, I've taken my photography hobby to the next step and started my own photography business! I'd like to introduce to you (enter heavenly chorus):



which you can check out by viewing my new blog and/or Facebook page. In fact, you really should check out my blog. I'm kicking off my business with some pretty cool promotions, if I do say so myself. Which I do, because I did.

I am very excited. I love photography. I love taking pictures of my kids and my family, and I love the challenge of taking pictures of other people's kids and families. I want to share my passion with others and hopefully give them some happiness. Of course, being Mom is my number one job, and I love being Mom, so I will limit the number of sessions I'll do in a month, keeping this as just a side business. A stress reliever. (At least, that is the goal.) My kiddos will always come first (after Husband, that is, or at least as it should be). Still, I am thrilled at the opportunity starting this business gives to me to expand myself, to hone my photography skills, to bring to pass a few smiles, and to make a little mark in the world.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is very exciting! I'm still just a mom-with-a-camera but for a while I got really into learning about photography. Congrats and good luck in your endeavors!
PS I love the ladies at the pregnancy.org photography forum- I've learned TONS from them and love sharing work with them. http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/forumdisplay.php?f=239