Last night I fell in love. Deeply in love. Can't eat, can't sleep, can't-pass-up-such-a-great-deal in love. With a shirt.
This shirt.
I love it. I love it tucked in. I love it untucked. I love the sash around my neck, around my waist, or around my hips. I love it with black pants (which I don't own yet, except a pair that is two sizes too big). I love it with a black skirt (which I also don't own yet, but found one I absolutely adore at the store; unfortunately, it isn't available online). I love that I only spent about $13 on it (though I just found that it is only $10 online.)
I also fell in love with the store - JCPenney. We have a brand new store not far from us and I checked it out for the first time last night. It was so clean and new and bright and quiet. I had an easy time finding things and no wait to check out (part of that is probably because most people are waiting until Friday to shop; we are going to the temple instead).
I hereby want to add an addendum to my Christmas Wishlist--
Santa, Mom, Dad, family member who drew my name for the gift exchange, what I really want for Christmas is a
:: JCPenney Gift Card ::
And though none of these is the skirt I fell in love with at the store, I like these ones too (available at JCPenney.com):
(the last one has a back pleat, and I would like it in black or gray)
Of course, I would *need* to get some boots and high heals.
I've been a good girl this year. Mostly. At least I've tried to be.
Of course, I'll be happy with whatever I get.
Though I love my new shirt, and I am sorely tempted to go back and get the skirt tonight (I'm at war with myself on budget, necessity, practicality, frugality, and desire: I only own one skirt that fits--just one--and even that one is a little big. Budget says don't get it. Necessity says, eh? Practicality says get it; if one skirt is dirty one Sunday, you need another! Frugality says get it--it's a great deal (50% off plus an extra 10% off plus possibly an extra 15% off) and there is only one left in my size and it isn't sold online. Desire screams yes, yes, get it!), my main reason for going to the store was not to shop for me, but to shop for my "Toy Story"-loving soon-to-be 3-year-old. I got him these two shirts for his birthday, and in this case, the deal in store was better than online. I think I paid about $14 for both.
I also got him another shirt that is actually two shirt--a long sleeve shirt with a short-sleeved striped polo shirt over it--for another $8 or $9. Since he's been growing out of his clothes, those shirts are for him to wear now. I almost bought half dozen more shirts, but budget stopped me. But my, was it fun shopping for him! 





2 comments:
Oh kids don't care what they wear. Get it! Tell John it can be his present to you. if you will wear it a lot, then it's OK to have TWO skirts!
let me be frank- if you love that skirt and it is perfect and it is on sale and a good deal and fits and all that, DO NOT HESITATE TO GET IT. RIGHT NOW. if one thing i know it is shopping on a budget. when you have true love, you don't continue to date other people do you? think of the buyers remorse you will have when you try and find this perfect skirt later and it is GONE GONE GONE and there are others you like or simply tolerate, but don't love. then you will be buying something that is okay and in essence you will be WASTING money because you will have bought something you don't look forward to wearing. the end. stepping off soap box now.
ps- i have had too many experiences like this. frugality and budget are subjective sometimes. and this is one of those occasions. i don't condonde frivolity, but you have proven to me that you NEED this, miss-i-am-so-skinny-nothing-fits.
Post a Comment